Friday, June 18, 2010

Wreck

"Of course, playing to a Christian crowd the majority of the time means that songs must be explained sometimes. Instead of telling the crowd what, "The First Stone" is all about after singing it, I thought that it would be more fun and creative if I wrote an explanation to the song through another song. This is exactly why Wreck was written. a song of forgiveness to sequel the song of hurt. this allows me the ability to not explain every song before it is sung. I have been to too many Christian concerts where the lead singer started every song with "This song is about...". The point of music and poetry is to be able to say what you feel in artistic expression, then let the reader or listener interpret it for what is means to them at the moments. I have written songs about my mothers and had listeners tell me that they thought it was about the last hours of Christ in the garden. Which interpretation is more important for the listener at that time?"

- Stephen Stroope
There is nothing like the warmth of Grace when we are reunited with our Father. You can really hear the joy in Stephen's voice through this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment